10 Useful Cooking Tips
- To Squeeze Every Bit of Juice From Your Lemon put it in to the microwave for 20 seconds to soften the flesh.
- To Have Perfect Sauteed Mushrooms make sure your pan is large enough so the mushroom slices don’t touch. Perfect mushrooms should be crispy on the outside and firm on the inside.
- To Make Sure Your Cutout Cookies Keep Their Shape when they ready to come out of the oven just arrange your cutout cookies on the cookie sheet and put them in the fridge for about 30 minutes or freezer for about 10 minutes before baking.
- Don’t End Up With Sweet Tomato Sauce substitute the sugar you put in to control the acidity with 1 large carrot instead
- Secret to a Homemade Tender Burger is mixing the ingredients lightly only until combined. Over mixing will break down the proteins and you’ll end up with dry burgers.
- To Color White Chocolate add the food coloring before you melt it. Otherwise the melted chocolate will harden right after you add the coloring.
- Keep Green Salad Crisp for hours in a bowl by sprinkling the washed and dried leaves with little bit of sea salt to absorb the moisture.
- To Make Perfect Meringue every time make sure you crack and separate the eggs while they’re cold straight out of the fridge. Don’t whip the whites before they reach room temperature.
- For The Best Tasting Mashed Potatoes cook your potatoes whole with their skin on. After they’re soft, drain them, cool the potatoes down and mashed as you normally would.
- Love Fresh Fish – Don’t like the Smell just soak the fresh fish fillets in a solution made from 4 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of baking soda for 10 minutes. Don’t forget to rinse afterward.
Bibi's Culinary Journey