Being married to Italian I know that I am suppose to serve ALFREDO SAUCE with Fettucine, but I am not a big fan of long pasta. Also I’ve been known to rebel when it comes to cooking and following recipes.
I love my cream or cheese sauces served over Penne or Rottini.
When I am in a mood for pasta nothing tastes better then my creamy Alfredo sauce full of GARLIC….sweet peas…..fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
It is my ultimate pasta comfort meal.
This recipe serves 4
- 4 cups Penne Pasta (cooked Al Dente)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil or Butter
- 1 small Onion or 1 large Shallot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 2 cups of Cream (sometimes I use 1 1/2 Cream + 1/2 cup of Whipped cream to make it creamier)
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated)
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- Fresh Parsley (chopped)
STEP 1: In a skillet heat butter or olive oil on a high heat. Add chopped onions or shallots and saute until translucent.
STEP 2: Add white wine and reduce till 1/3. Pour in cream and bring to boil while stirring.
STEP 3: Turn the heat to medium. Stir in garlic and Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper.Let it cook while occasionally stirring until the sauce thickens (about 3-4 minutes)
STEP 4: Add frozen peas. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes. Add cooked pasta and heat it through.
STEP 5: Serve with more Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley on top.
Don’t forget….Keep Smiling….Keep Cooking!