Orange Cheesecake

Pin It

Orange Cheesecake

I have a secret….do you wanna know what is it?

Well……..the secret is…….I DO NOT like cheesecakes…..there it is…..it’s all out in the open.

So after that little revelation you are probably wondering why…..why…..why am I sharing an ORANGE CHEESECAKE recipe?

The reason for this is my best friend. ……the biggest cheesecake lover I ever met.

Few weeks ago was her birthday and her only wish was for me to make her a CHEESECAKE…..fruity cheesecake to be exact.

Since I never made a cheesecake before I wanted to make sure that whatever recipe I use would be A+.

I turned to one of my favorite cookbooks called Book Of Classic Desserts by Robert Rose.

I made many desserts using recipes from this book and few of them didn’t turn out…..few of them had incomplete ingredients lists, but majority of dessert recipes were a success.

So I took a chance…….made the Orange Cheesecake following the recipe and the result…..apparently I managed to make the best cheesecake my best friend and her family ever ate.

PRINTABLE VERSION

Crust:

• 11/2 cups Vanilla Wafer Crumbs
  • 6 Tbsp Butter (softened)
  • 1/4 cup Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Orange Rind

Filling:

• 3/4 cup Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Orange Rind
  • 2 lbs Cream Cheese
  • 6 Eggs
  • 3/4 cup Orange Juice Concentrate
  • Orange Segments (optional)
  • Apple Jelly (optional)

Preheat oven to 325F. Grease 10″ springform cake pan.

Make the Crust:
In a bowl mix together vanilla wafer crumbs, butter, sugar and orange rind. Pat onto bottom of pan. Chill

Make the Filling:

STEP 1: In a food processor blend sugar with orange rind. Add cream cheese little bit at a time. Beat until smooth.

STEP 2: Beat in eggs one at the time. Mix in orange juice concentrate. Pour into chilled crust.

STEP 3: Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until slightly loose in the center. Cool at room temperature on wire rack.

STEP 4: Chill. Decorate with orange segments and glaze with melted apple jelly before serving.

My cheesecake cracked a bit on top, but I covered it with orange segments.

Orange Cheesecake

Pin It

*********************************

This recipe is linked to:

A LITTLE BIRDIE TOLD ME TUESDAY @ Rook No.17
TUESDAY AT THE TABLE @ All The Small Stuff
TEMP MY TUMMY TUESDAY @ Blessed With Grace
HEARTH AND SOUL TUESDAY HOP @ A Moderate Life
DR. LAURA’S TASTY TUESDAY @ Dr. Laura’s Adventures
TASTY TUESDAY @ Balancing Beauty And Bedlam
DELECTABLE TUESDAY @ Home Sweet Farm
Link your recipes or food related posts to FOODIE WEDNESDAY @ Daily Organized Chaos (my other blog)

© Copyright 2011FoodieBibi, All rights Reserved. Written For: Bibi's Culinary Journey

10 Responses to “Orange Cheesecake”

1. Melynda says:

I don't like a heavy cheesecake, but this one looks like I need to try it! The orange flavor with the cream cheese would be wonderful. Thanks.

2. Ms Bibi says:

Melynda, it's not heavy at all. I was surprised how fluffy and creamy it really was.

3. Sydney says:

That looks amazing! I made my first cheesecake {cherry} on Valentines day and it is our official new favorite dessert! I'll have to try this one out. :)

4. Jocelyn says:

That does look and sound delicious…but then again I ♥ cheesecake:-)

5. Aurelia says:

Baked cheesecake isn't something you'll find easily in England and even then it's only a very recent addition to some menus! So, it's not something I've ever tried (but I do love normal, non-baked cheesecake!). This recipe looks and sounds great though, and I'm on a bit of an orange kick lately so that works out nicely :)Thanks for sharing it! I'll definitely give it a try!I'm also taking part in the Hearth & Soul hop and that's how I found your blog.

6. Ott, A. says:

Just Stopping by from TMTT. Looks like a beautiful cheesecake. I wanted to invite you to check out my Iron Chef Challenge This month's themed ingredient is canned tomatoes, so link up a recipe using those and you could win a prize. It should be a lot of fun, hope you can join us!!

7. Christy says:

Well, because you made it with love you made the best ever!! It looks dang delicious and I am not a huge cheesecake fan either. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Hearth and soul Hop!

8. Trisha says:

I've had berry topped cheesecakes, plain ones and mango cheesecakes, I've never had the chance to try a citrus one… I think I'll give this a go.

9. I love cheesecake but do get a little tired of the standard fare.Can't wait to try yours and thanks for sharing at the hearth and soul hop.

10. For someone who doesn't like cheesecake, your really rocked it like a pro! I'm a cheesecake lover, so my eyes were as wide as saucers when I saw your post!Thank you so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me…" I'm sorry to have missed "Foodie Wednesday".Jenn