Rum & Raisin Truffles

Pin It

Rum & Raisin Truffles

Few months ago while I was taking my hiatus & taking care of Twitch after his accident I had lot of time to watch Food Network shows luckily Twitch is little foodie like me……

…..one day I was watching Barefoot Contessa – Ina Garten show…..she had a guest….a lady chocolatier sorry I forgot the name and they were making RUM & RAISIN CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES….

I turned on my PVR…..grabbed my little notebook and we were in business….they were making delicious TRUFFLES….I was writing down the recipe and tips….

I wanted to try these Rum & Raisin TRUFFLES ever since I wrote them down, but never had a good enough occasion…..being that the truffles have quite a bit of rum in them….in other words….WOULDN’T serve them to children….

Two weeks ago my hubby came home for 2 weeks after being 3 months on the rigs…..what better way to welcome him home then with CHOCOLATE truffles with the taste of rum….both of his favorite

….also I wanted to make these TRUFFLES to show hubby how proud I am of him….since January he started healthier living….till this day he lost over 50lbs…..and counting…..

….I figured little indulgence & celebration was in order…..

Recipe for Rum & Raisin Truffles is in grams…..Ina was very insistent that for order to get the best TRUFFLES ever you need to follow the ingredients & weight to a T…..I did and result was…..DIVINE…CHOCOLATE HEAVEN….ORGASMIC…..

PRINTABLE VERSION

Ingredients:

• 125g Heavy Cream
  • 40g Raisins
  • 60g Dark Rum
  • 350g Milk Chocolate (chopped)
  • 15g Butter
  • 400g Milk or Dark Chocolate

STEP 1: Pour heavy cream in a double boiler and cook it until hot (not boiling)

STEP 2: Meanwhile in a food processor grind raisins and rum.Put aside.

STEP 3: Put 350g of chopped milk chocolate into hot cream. Turn the heat off and add butter. Stir until completely melted. Add rum & raisin mixture.

STEP 4: Cover and let it cool overnight at room temperature.

STEP 5: Next day make small balls using the smallest cookie dough scoop.

STEP 6: In a microwave temper 400g of milk or dark chocolate.

How to temper chocolate: Put 3/4 of chocolate into microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 20 seconds. Stir. Heat another 20 seconds. Stir. Heat another 20 seconds. Now it should be perfectly melted. Stir in remaining chocolate and stir until melted.

STEP 7: Using two forks coat Rum & Raisin Truffles and allow them to harden. You can put them into fridge for few minutes, but keep eye on them.

Rum & Raisin Truffles

Pin It

These were my very first “real” truffles” and I am hooked….can’t wait to make more….need to find people guinea pigs to to test them & dispose of them for me….any takers?

If you have a great recipe for truffles leave me a link….I would love to check it out!

signature

© Copyright 2012FoodieBibi, All rights Reserved. Written For: Bibi's Culinary Journey

17 Responses to “Rum & Raisin Truffles”

1. Steven says:

Those look absolutely delicious. My stomach is talking right now.
    Steven recently posted..Black Friday Deals on Sony Playstation 4 Games at Amazon.com Right Now!My Profile

2. Jeanette says:

It looks very good:)
    Jeanette recently posted..Winter Cold FashionMy Profile

3. Winter says:

Oh my, these look as thought they could be addicting. They look pretty too.
    Winter recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving From FROZEN Opens In Theaters Tomorrow! #DisneyFrozenMy Profile

4. What a great way to celebrate your husband coming home than tasty chocolate. The truffles sound delicious and not very difficult. Yours look like a professional made them!
    Melinda Dunne recently posted..Bowflex Boost Activity TrackerMy Profile

5. Jenn says:

mmmmm those look amazing. I love truffles. Thanks for sharing!
    Jenn recently posted..Justin Timberlake’s performance of “Drink You Away” will blow you away!My Profile

6. Shanna says:

These sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving treat!
    Shanna recently posted..It’s Flu Season! (Here Are a Few Tips To Help You Weather the Storm) #MCMy Profile

7. Garf says:

They look really good. A perfect treat for a family get together this holiday season.

8. I want to try those, my husband has a work Christmas party they would be perfect for.
    Jennifer Williams recently posted..ww – Being ThankfulMy Profile

9. Kimberly says:

Ooooo i think I need to make these this Christmas to add to my sweat treat platters that I hand out to friends.
    Kimberly recently posted..Thanksgiving Kids Craft Free PrintableMy Profile

10. They’re just beautiful, and I really think those flavors blend perfectly together. These may be at my holiday festivities this year!
    Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell recently posted..It’s A Cookie Thing!My Profile

11. katherine says:

These look wonderful! I bet my husband would love them

12. paula says:

These look heavenly and they would make a great gift too! Thanks for the recipe.
    paula recently posted..Fresh Cranberry Avocado SalsaMy Profile

13. They look delish. I will have to give it a try.
    Debi@TheSpringMount6Pack recently posted..Nail Art Tutorials Because Nail Polish Makes a Great Stocking StufferMy Profile

14. BB says:

Glad you enjoyed making the rum raisin truffles :)