Apricot & Lavender Pizza

Pin It

Apricot & Lavender Pizza

Summer is winding down….not according to the temperatures…., but calendar says so….I gotta believe it.

I was hoping to deal with many things over the summer…the most important one….getting my boys well mentally to start school on a happy note…

Hormone Boy is doing pretty well mentally, but still worries me health-wise.

Twitch is a different story….he is nowhere near being well mentally or physically…..

Friday I finally took him for brain & spine MRI…..after waiting for 6 months….so now I am patiently waiting for the results….whatever they may be.

His panic attacks are getting bigger & bigger….he went from three or less a day to seven & more.They are so draining on him.

So when Twitch asked me for a PIZZA PARTY over the weekend I was happy to oblige.

He made it clear that he wants….the “real’ pizza from his favorite PIZZA Place , but I was suppose to make desserts….

I wanted the dessert match the theme so I started thinking FRUIT PIZZA……

….most of fruit pizzas use sugar cookie crust & top it with fresh fruit after baking…..honestly I am not a big fan….

….so I started with pizza crust….my trusty breadmaker made me fresh pizza dough while I got everything else ready….

My fridge is still full of apricots from my mom’s tree…..& I was itching to try my newly aquired….Organic LAVENDER Sugar…..

I mixed….I matched….I stretched….I baked…..

APRICOT & LAVENDER PIZZA

….and the hit of the party was born…..

Apricot & Lavender Pizza

PRINTABLE VERSION

Ingredients:

• 1 Basic Pizza Dough (enough for 14″ pizza crust)
  • 4 oz Cream Cheese
  • 3 Tbsp Sugar-Free Apricot Jam
  • 10-15 Apricots
  • 1/4 cup Lavender Sugar

STEP 1: Preheat oven to 425F

STEP 2: Stretch pizza dough onto 14″ pizza pan. Let it rise for 10 minutes.

STEP 3: Beat together cream cheese and apricot jam until creamy.

STEP 4: Split apricots into halves. Remove pits & slice into little moons.

STEP 5: Spread cream cheese mixture onto pizza dough. Arrange apricot on top.

STEP 6: Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pizza dough is golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle evenly with Lavender sugar.

STEP 7: Allow it to cool down for 5 minutes before slicing & serving.

I have to brag…..APRICOT & LAVENDER PIZZA was gone before the “real” pizza arrived…..

I don’t think if there was a person that did not like my FRUIT PIZZA….and I will be making this again….

Apricot & Lavender Pizza

This recipe is linked to:

FOODIE FRIENDS FRIDAY

Foodie Friends Friday
Foodie Friends Friday

Don’t forget….Keep Smiling….Keep Cooking!

Pin It

signature

© Copyright 2012FoodieBibi, All rights Reserved. Written For: Bibi's Culinary Journey

9 Responses to “Apricot & Lavender Pizza”

1. Cynthia says:

I am sorry to hear your boys are having some difficulties. They are lucky to have a loving and supportive mom like you! This pizza looks really great. I have never had a pizza with fruit!

Thank you for joining Foodie Friends Friday. Hope you will come back on Sunday and vote. Please link another one of your great recipes next week too!

I am now following you! Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.blogspot.com

2. Lisa says:

I hope both your boys are feeling better soon! I am so impressed with the entire spread – just beautiful. And a apricot/lavender pizza? Whoa! Lovely post :-)
    Lisa recently posted..Crayon FlagsMy Profile

3. Anne says:

Wow Bibi….what a fabulous spread. LOVE your table settings and that peach lavender pizza looks amazing! So glad you did not use a sugar cookie crust! I’ve only baked with lavender once…but I really loved it! This looks like a fabulous party and I hope your boys will be feeling better soon. I will keep you all in my thoughts. : )
    Anne recently posted..Chocolate SalamiMy Profile

4. Alex says:

Oh I’m so sorry Twitch still isn’t well. I will be keeping you in my prayers for sure!
    Alex recently posted..Wave hi {quietly} to the new baby!My Profile

5. Paloma says:

You are such a great mommy! I am sorry things aren’t going that well for your kids! Hopefully everything will get better soon! That party looks awesome! Your desserts look just amazing! You did an incredible job with the setting! WOW! :) thank you for sharing… By the way… I just met your friend Anne (at least by blog) and stopped by her amazing food blog! WOW! so happy she stopped by “the Coffee Shop” hopefully we’ll get her on board of our “Coffee Friday Party” :)

See you soon!
    Paloma recently posted..9/11 perceived by a MexicanMy Profile

6. Jamie says:

YUM…. lol, will you adopt me =) You have some GREAT ideas.
    Jamie recently posted..The WINE Marketplace at the #lacountyfairMy Profile

7. Holly says:

I really hope that Hormone Boy and Twitch (seriously love these pseudonyms) can start school on a happy note, despite their health issues. Panic attacks are extremely draining and difficult to deal with; I have some anxiety issues that I have dealt with for years. Your Apricot & Lavender Pizza looks amazing! I have never had dessert pizza before but after seeing your images, I think I need some of that in my life.

8. Alexis says:

I am so sorry that the healing has not yet been achieved. Your family is seriously in my prayers…..

That being said, the pizza looks delicious and terribly clever! Glad you were able to do something special for your son— hopefully it helped to alleviate his anxiety (if only for the afternoon).

9. Donalyn says:

This looks really good – I LOVE fruity pizzas on a crust that isn’t so sweet.
    Donalyn recently posted..Green Beans with MisoMy Profile