Peanut Butter Pecan Biscotti

Peanut Butter Pecan Biscotti

Peanut Butter Pecan Biscotti

Foodie Friends Friday

Good morning, my wonderful friends!

What a day I had yesterday…., but  PEANUT BUTTER & PECAN BISCOTTI and Vanilla Latte saved the day in the end……..

……My little Twitch woke up this morning crying in pain from his hip, back & ankle. ….it was so painful that I had to help him to get off the bed & move around…..

…since you never know and when it comes to my children I always play it safe I took him to ER….

….it wasn’t my day….

…..after quite a bit a wait for early morning ER doctor arrived……I told him everything about Twitch’s  ongoing issues since he was hit by an SUV back in February….

….he asked me what I want HIM to do…..

…I thought …..maybe just maybe he could start by examining the areas that are painful, but that’s just me and I am NOT a doctor….

Then he looked at me….opened his mouth and this is in a nutshell what came out…….“Don’t bring your child to ER every time he has pain as a result of his accident….each time you come you are wasting $400 of the government money cause we can’t do anything for him….. You would be taking better care of your child if you gave him a painkiller at home…!!!!!”

Yep…..that was the beginning of my day….I was just called a bad mother & government money waster by an arrogant small town doctor because I dared to bring my child in pain into ER…..

It took me few hours to shake that off…..then I decided not to let unprofessional doctor like him to ruin my day and I decided to bake….

Few months ago I saved Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Biscotti recipe I found at Annie’s Eats…..this was the perfect time to try something new….

I did little changes to it….as usual, but the basic stayed the same…..the result was fantastic…..

This recipe makes about 30 BISCOTTI…..

Ingredients:

• 3 cups Flour
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 6 Tbsp Butter (unsalted, room temperature)
  • 3/4 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 cup Pecans (chopped)

STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

STEP 2: In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.

STEP 3: In another bowl combine butter, peanut butter and sugar. Beat on medium-high until fluffy. Add vanilla & beat in eggs one at the time while scraping sides of the bowl.

STEP 4: Add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated on low speed. Fold in pecans.

STEP 5: Divide biscotti dough in half and shape into logs about 11″ x 3″. Place them onto cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.

STEP 6: Remove biscotti logs from the oven. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes.

STEP 7: Slice biscotti logs diagonally into 1/2 – 3/4″ thick biscotti slices. place them back onto baking sheet.

STEP 8: Bake biscotti until slightly crips on both sides for 20-30 minutes turning once.

STEP 9: Transfer to cooling rack . Let them cool down and drizzle biscotti with chocolate. You can also dip one side.

Peanut Butter Pecan Biscotti

….and that is my story How Peanut Butter Pecan Biscotti Saved The Day!

Did you ever have a bad experience with a doctor?  What did you do?  Do you have any tips for me on how to deal with rude and unprofessional doctors?

I live in a small town so I am sure our path will cross again…..I can use some advice to be prepared!

Peanut Butter Pecan Biscotti

This recipe is linked to:

RECIPE BOX @ BIZZY BAKES

Don’t forget….Keep Smiling….Keep Cooking!

© Copyright 2012FoodieBibi, All rights Reserved. Written For: Bibi's Culinary Journey

13 Responses to “Peanut Butter Pecan Biscotti”

1. RavieNomNoms says:

Yes please!! I will take 4
    RavieNomNoms recently posted..Apple Upside Down CakeMy Profile

2. I really love biscotti, so knowing how to make it at home instead of buying it could save me so much money! The recipe looks very easy to do too, which is important because I am not very skilled in the kitchen. Thanks!
    Holly (Woman Tribune) recently posted..8 Classic Over-the-Top Films About Mental IllnessMy Profile

• samko12 says:

Holly, I was afraid of making biscotti for the first time and then when I experienced how easy it was I am making them all the time now.

3. Chaya says:

I have never had peanut butter biscotti. Sounds like a real treat.
    Chaya recently posted..Recipe Box #15 Squash RoundsMy Profile

4. Jamie says:

Looks interesting, but I’m not a fan of biscotti myself. I like soft, chewy things =0
    Jamie recently posted..Book Tour: Primal by D.A SerraMy Profile

5. Looks so yummy and crunchy, and i really love peanut butter.

6. Alexis Grace says:

The story about the doc really infuriates me!!!!!! I am so sorry that your son is continuing to struggle with this…

BUT I do recognize the therapeutic nature of baking (I have been really stressed lately and my doormen have received like a million cookies!). This biscotti looks yummy. Maybe I should work it into the rotation!
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Simone Rocha S/S 2013 CollectionMy Profile

• samko12 says:

Lol, Alexis….I wish I had a doorman to give my stress goodies to…..my family and friends are starting to complain about their weight gain :-)

7. Yenta Mary says:

How utterly reprehensible of the doctor! It’s always better to get things checked out than to wait and let them get worse; you couldn’t have known what was going on, especially if this pain was worse or different than usual. Shame on him! On a happier note, though, the biscotti … sigh. I’ve never made peanut butter ones, but will have to do this now!

• samko12 says:

Thank you, Mary! I was little shocked initially, but I am over it now and next time my child is in pain I will take him there again :-)

8. cakewhiz says:

what a heartless and rude doctor! i hope your little one is feeling better now… you are a great mother for taking him to the doc. it’s always best to play it safe. i would have done the same thing :)

your biscottis look delightful. drizzling some chocolate makes them look very pretty!

9. Oh Bibi…I’m sorry that your son is in such pain and that you had this terrible experience at the ER. Unfortunately, when you go to the ER…it’s the luck of the draw of who is on duty that day. I’ve worked in health care for the past 30 years and I don’t think I have a story that can top this one. Whether it’s a small office or a hospital, when I am dissatisfied with some aspect of my care/service, I always ask to speak to the administrator. Also…a complaint to the medical board couldn’t hurt. Maybe others have complained about him, too! I hope you have better luck going forward. And I think these scrumptious cookies would have totally turned around my day too! : )
    Anne@FromMySweetHeart recently posted..Black Bean Tart with Chili CrustMy Profile