5 Basic Serving Tips or Serving Etiquette Every Good Hostess Should Know

5 Basic Serving Tips or Basic Serving Etiquette

….that every waiter, waitress or domestic goddess should know….

1. Serve Food From The Left

2. Clear Everything From The Right

3. Serve Drinks From The Right

4. Clear Plates At The Same Time

5. Always Serve Guest Of Honor First Followed By Women, Men, Hostess and Finally The Host.

Remember: When clearing plates if the dirty silverware is on the table place it on the plate and gently pick it up together.

Don’t forget….Keep Smiling….Keep Cooking!

© Copyright 2012FoodieBibi, All rights Reserved. Written For: Bibi's Culinary Journey

14 Responses to “5 Basic Serving Tips or Serving Etiquette Every Good Hostess Should Know”

1. Nichole says:

Thanks for theses simple and easy tips!
    Nichole recently posted..Hurricane Sandy: A Tale of CautionMy Profile

2. Jamie says:

I hate to admit this but this is something I don’t think I ever gave much thought to, but there is definitely an etiquette there.
    Jamie recently posted..#FreshSummit with Melissa’s Produce! #sponMy Profile

• FoodieBibi says:

Well, then I am very glad that I made you think of it and now every time you are at dinner party you will look for it,lol :)

3. Melissa (Miz Meliz ) says:

I learned these rules of etiquette from my mom, I love to keep these traditions going. Great tips! Thanks Bibi! Love the video too!
    Melissa (Miz Meliz ) recently posted..Grab my Badge for Health: #NHBPM Day 7My Profile

4. Alexis Grace says:

Bibi— thank you for this! I am kind of in love with etiquette- it makes an event feel more special and suggests true caring for our guests and the experience!

Thank you for this reminder!

(And I love when you do videos!!!)
    Alexis Grace recently posted..Chanel Resort 2013 Ad CampaignMy Profile

5. I love this! I sometimes fear etiquette is becoming a lost art. (*And*, I’m now inspired to do a video. Hmmmm….)
    Lisa D.B. Taylor recently posted..Of Star Trek, Romney, & Cold DuckMy Profile

6. What good post! You should turn this into a series or something :-)
    Alex @ Before The Baby Wakes recently posted..It Got BetterMy Profile

7. Modern Gypsy says:

Thanks for these simple tips! I hate to admit it, but I don’t think I’ve ever given much thought to this!
    Modern Gypsy recently posted..Book review: In Other Rooms, Other Wonders by Daniyal MueenuddinMy Profile