Muenster, Avocado & Canadian Bacon Panini

Muenster, Avocado & Canadian Bacon Panini

“Just once, I would like to wake up, turn on the news, and hear…’Monday has been canceled, go back to sleep.”

…..yes, that is exactly how I feel this Monday…..good thing I have still one loaf of Oregon Hazelnut Bread left in my freezer….

……my newest addiction….from Franz Bakery in Portland.

Unfortunately, I can’t get Oregon Hazelnut bread in Canada so when I have it…..I DON’T share it.

I have been enjoying my yummy bread just lightly toasted with little bit of butter, but last week I decided to use it for PANINI.

…not just any Panini…..my own creation….Muenster, Avocado & Canadian Back Bacon on Oregon Hazelnut Bread with Garlic & Pepper Aioli.

I will share with you how to make my delicious Muenster, Avocado & Canadian Bacon Panini in just a second, but first……

…..so many things are going on at Casa Bailey…, but the one that bothers me the most is…..I think my sweet Hormone Boy’s heart is breaking…little bit each day….

He keeps telling me he’s fine….he smiles….he hugs me ….., but if I learned anything in my life …..that would be …..”if your teenage son that hardly talked to you for months starts smiling…..hugging you….hanging with you…..there is something going on in the HEART department”.

Hormone Boy had his heart badly broken in May…..he wasn’t looking for a relationship, but things happened and in the summer he fell in love with a sweet girl…..he was so in love…..

….they were inseparable for almost 4 months…..they became part of each others families….suddenly this weekend “they” decided (according to HB) to take a break….not to break up, but take a break….

….he still thinks he has a girlfriend and I sure hope so,  but when I asked him ……”what if”…..his response was: “If you love something let it go…..”

…..honestly it almost broke my heart…..how did he got to be so wise, sweet….caring and sensitive?

Muenster, Avocado & Canadian Bacon Panini

Anyway, no matter what will happen I always will be there for my baby…..no matter how old he gets….and I will always be there to make him feel better with delicious sandwiches like my Muenster, Avocado & Canadian Bacon Panini on Oregon Hazelnut Bread with Garlic & Pepper Aioli.

Ingredients:

• 2 Pcs. Oregon Hazelnut Bread
  • 4 Slices Muenster Cheese
  • 2-4 Slices Canadian Back Bacon
  • 1/2 Avocado (sliced)
  • 1 Tbsp Garlic & Pepper Aioli

STEP 1: Spread half of the aoili onto one piece of bread. Top with 2 pieces of Muenster, then Canadian bacon, avocado, rest of Muenster cheese. Spread leftover of aioli onto the second piece of bread and make a sandwich.

STEP 2: Spray both side of  the sandwich with butter spray and grill in panini grill or on the stove griddle until toast is golden brown and cheese is melted.

I love eating Muenster, Avocado & Canadian Bacon Panini with just slices of fresh cucumber and radishes. You can serve it with soup or salad for a hearty lunch.

TIP: When grilling sandwiches or making panini I use little bit of butter or olive oil spray instead of butter or margarine to cut down on fat and calories. The taste and result are the pretty much the same.

What is your favorite panini or sandwich?

Muenster, Avocado & Canadian Bacon Panini

Don’t forget….Keep Smiling….Keep Cooking!

© Copyright 2012FoodieBibi, All rights Reserved. Written For: Bibi's Culinary Journey

18 Responses to “Muenster, Avocado & Canadian Bacon Panini”

1. This looks delicious!!! Drew would love the avocado and I ADORE muenster cheese!!!

2. Modern Gypsy says:

Oh that looks yummy!! I wish I could get avocados, but they aren’t that easy to find here – or maybe I’m looking in the wrong stores!
    Modern Gypsy recently posted..My favorite thingsMy Profile

• FoodieBibi says:

Poor thing, I can’t imagine having no avocados in the store. You never think of it. These are the little things we take for granted :)

3. Alexis Grace says:

That looks great— can’t wait until I can make my own meals again (I am sick of take out and hospital food!).

As for poor HB— oh! How awful first heartbreaks are!! Yes, as a parent and someone who has been there before you know he will survive, but it must be awful to see him in pain!!! But alas that is life and hopefully the pain of this will mean something else is just all the more sweet…..

• FoodieBibi says:

Yes, Alexis it is so hard to see him sad. He tries to be happy on the outside and he is doing really well thinking positive, but I know on the inside he is crying:)

4. Yenta Mary says:

Poor thing … :( Sometimes things are better after a break, when you realize how much you really mean to each other. But it’s so hard ….
    Yenta Mary recently posted..Chili ‘n’ Cornmeal-Crusted Fried Green TomatoesMy Profile

5. anniebakes says:

now you’ve got my stomache rumbling, looks great!! anne
    anniebakes recently posted..Stuffed Acorn SquashMy Profile

6. Oh those first broken (or even kinda sore) hearts are so hard… Keeping them going and moving on is so important, and so difficult. (I have one or two who tend to “mope” -it can be trying ;-(

As for that recipe! My Curlytop is a “sandwich head” from birth! He loves paninis and will love this one.
    Lisa D.B. Taylor recently posted..Taming ChristmasMy Profile

• FoodieBibi says:

Lisa, I am so surprised how truly mature he is being about the breakup. He must really care for this one and just wants her to be happy:)

7. That looks absolutely delicious! I have recently gotten into avocado after never having it until this past year. Would totally love to try this!

8. Paloma says:

oh my Bibi! I love panini, all kinds of sandwiches and subs! … I guess I just love food in general! Great pics… this looks so yummy!
    Paloma recently posted..Traditional Pumpkin Pie!My Profile

9. Trianna says:

That sandwich looks delicious!!! Avocado is my favorite.
    So sorry that your son is in pain. First heartbreaks are the worst. Just keep on hugging him.
    Trianna recently posted..Lush FUNMy Profile

• FoodieBibi says:

Thank you, Trianna. He is doing much better then I expected, but then again if he is anything like his mom he will be just fine :)

10. Kate says:

Mmm… the panini looks really delicious. I have never tried adding avocado to panini before =)
    Kate recently posted..Top 5 Panini PressesMy Profile