Heart Shaped Strawberry & Cream Cheese Turnovers

Strawberry & Cream Cheese Turnovers

Heart Shaped Strawberry and Cream Cheese Turnovers

Heart Shaped Strawberry and Cream Cheese Turnovers

“True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.”

Francois de La Rochefoucauld

It’s  Sunday ….. Day 3 of 14 Days of Valentine’s Day ……

…. what better way to wake up my boys then with basket full of fresh out of the oven HEART SHAPED STRAWBERRY & CREAM CHEESE TURNOVERS ….

….. flaky pastry ….. sweet fresh strawberries …. cream cheese ……. AND …… chocolate sprinkles to make the TURNOVERS even more special.

Heart Shaped Strawberry & Cream Cheese Turnovers

I wanted my make something special for them to show how much I appreciate all the help they given me while I was in bed fighting the flu.

Since I am still not feeling 100%  and can’t spend hours in the kitchen I thought HEART SHAPED STRAWBERRY & CREAM CHEESE TURNOVERS made with Tenderflake Puff Pastry would be perfect Sunday breakfast.

I was done under an hour and while the STRAWBERRY & CREAM CHEESE TURNOVERS were baking I had time to whip up couple fruit smoothies to go with the fresh pastries.

Heart Shaped Strawberry & Cream Cheese Turnovers

Heart Shaped Strawberry & Cream Cheese Turnovers

Ingredients:

• 1 Tenderflake Puff Pastry
  • 4oz Cream Cheese (softened)
  • 1/4 cup Icing Sugar
  • 1/2  tspVanilla
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Tbsp Water
  • 1 cup Strawberries (thin sliced)
  • Chocolate Sprinkles

STEP 1: Preheat over to 425F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

STEP 2: On lightly floured surface roll out puff pastry dough to about 1/8″

STEP 3: Using 3″-5″ heart shape cookie cut outs (bigger the better) cut out as many hearts as you can. You will need 2 per turnover.

STEP 4: Whip together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.

STEP 5: In another bowl whip together egg and water to make egg wash. Set aside.

STEP 6: Assembly: Place teaspoon of cream cheese in the middle of heart. Spread it around a bit. Brush edges of heart with egg wash. Place 4-5 strawberry slices on top  of cream cheese. Cover with another heart. Using your fingers press edges together all the way around. Then use fork to make ridges.

STEP 7: Place turnovers onto cookie sheets about 3″ apart. Slightly brush them with egg wash. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.

STEP 8: Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Heart Shaped Strawberry & Cream Cheese Turnovers

Heart Shaped Strawberry & Cream Cheese Turnovers

Heart Shaped Strawberry & Cream Cheese Turnovers

How gorgeous are these HEART SHAPED STRAWBERRY & CREAM CHEESE TURNOVERS?  Perfect pastries for Valentine’s Day breakfast or brunch ….. or bringing a basket for your favorite co-workers ….. send a basket on Valentine’s Day to your child’s teacher.

If you are looking for more recipes and interactive  14 Days of Valentine’s Day stop by my facebook page and join the LOVE fest.

Heart Shaped Strawberry & Cream Cheese Turnovers

Heart Shaped Strawberry & Cream Cheese Turnovers

Don’t forget …. Keep Smiling …. Keep Cooking!

signature-1

This recipe is linked to:

In & Out of the Kitchen @ Feeding Big

© Copyright 2013FoodieBibi, All rights Reserved. Written For: Bibi's Culinary Journey

22 Responses to “Heart Shaped Strawberry & Cream Cheese Turnovers”

1. Terry says:

Sigh….. You are making me drool. Those look fantastic… If I started eating them, I would eat the whole plate full
    Terry recently posted..Sea Buckthorn Oil Omega 7 Complete Review ~ Helping My Hubs With Immune Support and InflamationMy Profile

2. amanda says:

So adorable – and yummy too. Great idea for any day and of course valentine’s day
    amanda recently posted..Cooking tip: Sweat your eggplantsMy Profile

3. Carla says:

You had me at strawberry and cream cheese! LOL!! This looks so yummy (my number one weakness here!). I am getting os much better in the kitchen so will be trying this recipe out for sure!

4. Looks good. Great idea for Valentines Day treats.
    Jennifer Brown recently posted..This old Building Part 1(a)My Profile

5. becca says:

they almost look to good to eat but not i would devour them yummy
    becca recently posted..January Comment #GiveawayMy Profile

6. These sound amazing and I LOVE that they are heart shaped. I am always looking for creative shaped things like this to entice my boys to try new things :)
    Robin (Masshole Mommy) recently posted..The Best Job I Ever Had (By Chris)My Profile

7. WOW! Those look amazing! And strawberries are in season for us right now, wohoo!
    Kristen from The Road to Domestication recently posted..On Planning the Night BeforeMy Profile

8. Yum! Those look so good. What fun they would be for a Valentine’s Day treat. Pinned. :)

~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai
    Lorelai @ Life With Lorelai recently posted..Eight Great Date Ideas for Valentine’s DayMy Profile

9. Jenn says:

What a cute idea! This would be great to present to my kids on Valentine’s Day morning for breakfast! Very inventive!
    Jenn recently posted..Wordless Wednesday ~ Dreaming of DisneyMy Profile

10. Sarah Bailey says:

Wow those look delicious I could tuck into one right now – not sure if they would last long enough for me to give them to my other half. x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted..JUST EAT: ReviewMy Profile

11. katherine says:

How adorable! I love the shape of the little hearts!

12. Jamie says:

Wow, I love turnovers! The only ones I ever get are the ones at Arby’s. I will definitely try this!

13. Theresa says:

Awww, how festive for the upcoming Valentine holiday. Those are almost too cute to eat!
    Theresa recently posted..SunRidge Farms Organic Nuts ReviewMy Profile

14. Kristal says:

OMG these look amazing! I love the heart shape just in time for Valentines Day. Great post!

15. Jhady says:

wow these look so good and so creative, just perfect for the coming Valentines Day. Spread the love through baking.