5 Ways To Use Eggs Outside The Kitchen

Photo by Steve Johnson

Photo by Steve Johnson

Good morning, egg lovers!

Today we won’t be cooking or baking with EGGS.

Today I will teach you 5 ways to use EGGS outside of your kitchens.

Some of the ways you might already know & some will blow your mind …. so get ready & lets CRACKIN’

5 Ways to Use Eggs

#1 Take out the Bitter Taste out of Black Coffee – add 1 teaspoon of dry crushed eggshells into your coffee grounds before brewing. The calcium carbonate in eggshells will neutralize the acid in coffee grounds and the result will be smooth coffee without the strong bitter taste. Then you can enjoy your coffee without cream or milk.

#2 Get Rid Off Your Puffy Eyes – crack an egg into a bowl and rub the inside of the shell gently with your finger. Apply the clear film onto the puffy under-eye area. Let it dry and gently rinse with cool water.

#3 Bring Old Leather Back To Life - In a bowl separate egg white from egg yolks. Use dry cloth to apply egg whites onto the leather in circular motions.The protein in egg whites will give your old leather purse or shoes a new shine.

#4 Grow Beautiful & Healthy Plants – don’t throw away your leftover eggshells. Just crush the eggshells and sprinkle them over the soil in your pots. The calcium in the eggshells will help your plants grown…..plus sharp edges of the eggshells also act as perfect pest repellent.

#5 Plug Leaky Car Radiator – this will not fix your leaky radiator, but it will give you few days to make an appointment I get your car fixed by professionals …..pour 1egg white into the radiator (the coolant opening) right after turning the car off. The heat from engine will cook the egg white and the solid particles will sink into holes and will block the leak TEMPORARILY.

Photo by Caitlin Regan

Photo by Caitlin Regan

Don’t forget …. Keep Smiling …. Keep Cooking!

signature-1

© Copyright 2014FoodieBibi, All rights Reserved. Written For: Bibi's Culinary Journey

35 Responses to “5 Ways To Use Eggs Outside The Kitchen”

1. I am not sure I could use an egg to fix my radiator, even temporarily. It seems like it would gunk up and cause a big mess. Creative though!!!

I use egg shells in my rose bushes. They work great.
    Family Travels on a Budget recently posted..Don’t Judge a Book by its CoverMy Profile

2. Pamela R says:

I’ve seen a few of these before #2 is anew one to me TY for the great list!
    Pamela R recently posted..WW Kids are CraftyMy Profile

3. Heather says:

Very interesting! I never thought to add it my coffee grounds. We’ve been doing it with the plants for awhile and I didn’t know it could bring leather back to life! I love home remedies for things!
    Heather recently posted..$100 Visa Gift Card #GiveawayMy Profile

4. LaVonne says:

I never heard about this tip for coffee. Thanks!
    LaVonne recently posted..Winter Travel in Baton Rouge: What To DoMy Profile

5. From your list the only one I heard of before was the puffy eyes! This is a great list to have handy :) Another use for eggs is to place it in dog food its suppose to give them a shiner coat…. I’m always afraid to do it for my pup though, not sure if pups can get salmonella
    Savannah miller recently posted..Daddy & Company reviewMy Profile

6. Michelle F. says:

Never knew about these uses. Will have to try the puffy eyes one.
    Michelle F. recently posted..Bluum Box January 2014 Toddler – 20 Months #ReviewMy Profile

7. Elisebet F says:

Wow! I’ve never heard any of these before. I had no idea you could use eggs outside the kitchen!
    Elisebet F recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: 1/29/13 #winterstormleonMy Profile

8. Kungphoo says:

I have never heard the one about the coffee, but i did hear about the plants.. I have never tried it though, maybe i should..

9. Jessica says:

For #1, should the egg shells be dried first? I am going to give #2 a try tomorrow at breakfast. Gonna make myself some eggs and get rid of puffiness at the same time! I already do #4!
    Jessica recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Ice Skating at Medford Ice ParkMy Profile

10. Petro Neagu says:

Such cool tips, I didn’t know about any of those uses To me eggs can only be used as a meal or as a hair mask :)

11. Nice tips! My husband is the gardener in the family -his plants are like his babies (he will literally check on them first thing when he gets home!) so he’ll love the eggshell tip :)
    Catherine | Fit Armadillo recently posted..What’s for Dinner? Wednesday: Swai Wrapped with Proscuitto and ArugulaMy Profile

12. Felicia says:

Another great creative post! I never knew eggs were so useful! Thanks for sharing!
    Felicia recently posted..Some Focus on the OfficeMy Profile

13. Interesting! I know about number 2 and 4, but not number 3. I have to try that soon. :)
    Rebel Sweetheart recently posted..Trend-spotting | Fresh and Simple for Spring 2014.My Profile

14. I knew about the coffee and plants, but not the other stuff! Great information. Love tips that we use and save money!
    Karen @TheMissingNiche recently posted..How I Get Paid to BlogMy Profile

15. Kim says:

Who knew? I would have never guessed any of these. Very cool post.
    Kim recently posted..Is Homeschooling Right For You?My Profile

16. I had never heard any of these uses for eggs other than using them for plants. My mind is blown!
    Christy Denton recently posted..Best Ever Homemade Sandwich BreadMy Profile

17. Great ideas! Thank you for the tips. I also give egg shells to the chicken. It helps them to develop better and stronger eggs.
    Joanna Sormunen recently posted..Wenesday factsMy Profile

18. Amazing tips, I never knew eggs were so useful aside from eating them!
    Samantha Cuhel recently posted..Pet Blogger Editorial CalendarMy Profile

19. Rosey says:

Such cool tips, I love them. I am going to try the puffy eye trick. :)
    Rosey recently posted..Limited Edition #TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk!! @mail4rosey #sponsoredMy Profile

20. Chrishelle says:

Thanks for the awesome tips. I definitely will be trying the bitter coffee trick. Also would will be seeing what eggs can do for my puffy eyes.
    Chrishelle recently posted..IT IS TIME TO CHEER UP IN 2014My Profile

21. Garf says:

My mother uses egg shells as decorations after washing and drying them thoroughly.
    Garf recently posted..Marketing Tasks for as low as £5My Profile

22. Amber Nelson says:

Wow, I didn’t know all this! Very cool.
    Amber Nelson recently posted..Toxicology Reports Could Lead To Justin Bieber Deportation?My Profile

23. I never knew the trick with the radiator but with all of our car problems, it is good to know
    Debi@TheSpringMount6Pack recently posted..Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Wreath CraftMy Profile

24. Great tips. I have seen some of these and I know eggshells are great for the garden. Thanks for the tips
    Tracy @ Warratahstree recently posted..To Market To MarketMy Profile

25. Nikky says:

Wow never knew there were such other benefits of Eggs. Certainly helpful and useful tips for everyone :)
    Nikky recently posted..Incredible Benefits of Avocado Fruit for Skin, Hair and HealthMy Profile